What to Expect at KCWC
You’ve decided to register for KCWC 2018—Yes! You have. And it’s your first time attending.
***Remember the Early Bird Deadline is April 30, 2018***
What can you expect at KCWC 2018? How about these things?
- Relationships (and friendships) old and new.
- God-moments and God-connections.
- Meeting some editors and/or agents.
- Fantastic food—seriously!
- Way too much new stuff in your head to remember it all.
- To find a book or two you simply MUST buy.
- A whisper, or maybe a SHOUT, from God.
- Some serious listening and thinking.
- ONE great new thing to take away from the Conference.
- To sell a few copies of your books.
- Sleep deprivation.
- An idea for a new book or article.
- To learn, or to be reminded, that publication is 5% Inspiration and 95% Perspiration.
Do NOT expect these things.
- To walk away with a contract.
- To wow everyone with your talent.
- To meet the editor or agent of your dreams. Though this MAY happen, don’t expect it.
- To sell every last copy of your book.
- To get answers to all of your questions.
- To short-circuit the lengthy process of becoming a published author.
–By Jean Hall
KCWC Planning Committee